The Halton Health Improvement Team
The Halton Health Improvement Team offer a wide range of services to help you improve your health and wellbeing, including support to quit smoking, lose weight and get fit and healthy.
They also offer public health training to local organisations including local authority teams, Public Health, schools and colleges, health & social care, Police & Community Safety, trading standards, voluntary sector and housing associations.
Their services are open to all residents across Runcorn and Widnes.
To find out more about their services please contact them on 0300 029 0029.
The practice also has Health Improvement Team that come into the practice once a week. You can contact the practice to book in with this team.
Widnes Urgent Care Centre
Widnes Urgent Care Centre is a walk in service based on Caldwell Road in Widnes. This service is available to all patients and is open 7 days a week from 7am – 10pm.
Widens Urgent Care Centre deal with a range of different ailments such as:
• Minor cuts or wounds
• Sore Throats
• Rashes and Allergic Reactions
• Bites and Stings
• Minor Burns and Scalds
• Coughs and Colds
• Stomach ache, indigestion, constipation, vomiting and diarrhoea
• Muscle or Joint Injuries, such as sprains and strains
• Eye Injuries and Infections
• Emergency Contraception
• Prescribed Medication – subject to assessment and clinical need
Care of the Chemist
Chemist can deal with a wide range of ailements such as:
- skin conditions, such as mild acne and mild eczema
- coughs and colds, including nasal congestion and sore throat
- minor cuts and bruises
- constipation and haemorrhoids (piles)
- hay fever and allergies
- aches and pains, such as headaches, earache and back pain
- indigestion, diarrhoea and threadworms
- period pain and thrush
- warts and verruca’s, mouth ulcers and cold sores
- athlete’s foot
- nappy rash and teething
If you need urgent metal health support you can call the 24/7 freephone crisis line on 0800 051 1308.
You can self refer to the MSK service by calling 0151 495 5472.
Please use the link for more info https://whh.nhs.uk/services/MSKCATS